(877) 364-2870 (Toll Free)
Tom Kleinschmidt joined the firm in 2000 after serving as a Maricopa County Superior Court judge and a judge for the Arizona Court of Appeals for more than 20 years. Judge Kleinschmidt started his legal career in 1966 as an associate with a large law firm in Phoenix where he became a partner.
In 1971, Tom Kleinschmidt became an Assistant Federal Public Defender for the District of Arizona. In 1977, he was appointed to the Maricopa County Superior Court where he served for five years, two of which were as the Presiding Civil Judge.
In 1982, he was appointed to the Arizona Court of Appeals for Division One. Judge Kleinschmidt served as the Chief Judge of Division One from 1994 through 1996, and he remained with the Court of Appeals until 2000.
Since joining Schneider & Onofry of counsel in 2000, Judge Kleinschmidt has worked on several complex cases and served as a private mediator, arbitrator, special discovery master, and as an appellate consultant.
- Bar Admissions:
- Arizona, 1966
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1986
Major: Judicial Process
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, 1965
- Westminster College, Fulton, Missouri, 1962
Major: Political Science
- Published Works:
- Casenote: 1964 Duke Law Journal 163
- The Final Judgment Rule in Arizona, 47 Law And Contemporary Problems 3, 1984
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Arizona, 1986 - 1990
- Chair, Committee on Rules of Professional Conduct
- The Criminal Justice Group, 1988 - 1990
- The Civil Study Committee, 1980 - 1982
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Duke University School of Law, 1992 - 1998
- Board of Visitors
- Past Employment Positions:
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One, Judge, 1982
- Superior Court of Maricopa County, Presiding Civil Judge, 1980 - 1982
- Superior Court of Maricopa County, Judge, 1977 - 1982
- District of Arizona, Assistant Federal Public Defender, 1971 - 1977
- Jennings, Strouss and Salmon, Phoenix, Arizona, Associate and Partner, 1965 - 1971